MISSION AND PURPOSE
The DCAU Gallery is dedicated to the following ideals:
* Promoting "the arts" in all their forms including, but not limited to, drawing, painting, sculpture,
crafts, dance, music, poetry and literature.
* Providing quality educational opportunities in the arts for the public and for area schools.
* Providing an environment for the promotion and exposure of local and area art and artists.
* Working with other area groups for the promotion of the arts.
* Providing a location and support group that will facilitate and enhance the arts in our area.
* To encourage public participation and appreciation of the arts.
VISION AND GOALS
To become self-supporting.
To establish a permanent art collection.
To increase community involvement.
To increase the utilization of the Gallery facility.
To develop and maintain an Internet website.
To establish a scholarship program for Dawson County area students entering the curriculum at
Dawson Community College.
Artist of the Month
The Gallery is operated on a volunteer basis by members of DCAU with assistance from other
volunteers from the community.
ABOUT GIFTS AND GIFTING
Unique artwork items are available as gifts for all occasions. Gift certificates are also available
DCAU, Inc., would be honored to accept memorials in the name of a deceased family member or friend, as a
"Gift That Keeps On Giving". Names will be placed in a permanent Memorials Book.
All Donations and Memorials to DCAU, Inc. are tax deductible.
The meeting/work room located in the back of The Gallery is available for other groups to use for meetings,
providing they meet our charter criteria as supporting the local arts in the community and area.
Our library area, with resource books and magazines on art, photography, nature and other related subject
matters is available for public use, and materials may be checked out.
Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view/ download the Gallery By-Laws.